The current medialoopster update brings numerous new features, improvements and bug fixes. A key enhancement is the new streaming engine, which amongst other improvements allows to play more than two audio tracks in the player.
Additional important updates concerning the core architecture of medialoopster. Here the underlying Python runtime environment was updated to version 3.7. There have also been extensive improvements and updates to the search engine. The components for video processing have been updated as well.
New video streaming engine
Using MPEG-DASH to stream preview videos in the browser results in the following improvements:
- The browser player can now playback more than two audio channels.
- You can switch between the available audio channels in the player during playback.
- Preview videos are now available as soon as preview rendering has started and not only after it has been completed.
- The video preview of long video assets is now faster available.
Improvement of the search engine
The following improvements are available in the medialoopster search:
- The use of search templates allows better configuration of the search for individual use cases.
- The search delivers better results for search terms that are not dictionary-based.
- Linked project assets are now written to the search index.
- The search engine has been updated to Elasticsearch 7.
Download of asset hires files
Starting with version 5.7 it is possible to download hires files of assets via the browser interface of medialoopster. The permissions for this feature can be configured on both user permission and device level. Additionally, administrators can set limits for the maximum file size per production.
Bulk operations for asset archiving and restore
The options for archiving and restoring assets have been extended. It is now possible to archive and restore multiple assets from search results and the contents of favorite lists. In addition, multiple jobs can now be removed from the queue simultaneously.
Update of the video processing components
The components used by medialoopster for video processing have been updated . This provides better format support, more extensive extraction of file metadata and an increase in performance and stability.
New license management in the medialoopster administration
License files can be uploaded, activated and managed in the medialoopster administration. The access to the license management can be controlled by user permission. There is an overview that shows which properties change with the new license. As a result, importing a new license file and updating the license is simplified.
Upgrading to Python 3
The Python runtime environment used by medialoopster has been upgraded to version 3.7. This is the fundament for a long-term development, support and sustainability of all medialoopster base components.
- As an administrator I can now add multiple users to a group in the medialoopster administration.
- In the initial display of face recognition data, it is instantly visible how many people have been detected in a video asset.
- The extraction of audio metadata has been enhanced, so that fields that were previously not included in medialoopster can be written directly into custom fields.
- The server-side export of favorite lists is now also possible directly from the Rough Cut Editor.
- The selection behaviour for multiselect in the search results has been improved.
- The modification date of project assets is now updated when adding and removing media assets.
- Metadata changes at the sequence, shot, and project asset level now affect the modification date of media assets