METADATA ARE THE KEY
Metadata is information about data. In this context, data refers to the asset you're working with (e.g. a video).
Metadata is important because it allows users to manage assets more efficiently.
Metadata represents the collection of all the data available for that video. It consists of asset-related, technical, and destructive data. Technical information includes
- Creation date
- the size of the file
These are the basic metadata properties that can be managed by medialoopster. For example, users can display all assets sorted by the date of the last change. This is useful if they want to find out which assets were added last.
With medialoopster you can also add data at a higher level to digital assets:
- the type of asset (image, video, audio clip or document)
- the owner of the asset
- the title/name of the asset
- the description of the asset
- Rights information
- the tags assigned to an asset
With more metadata, you can classify assets more accurately. It's also useful when the amount of digital data increases. While a single person can manage a list of a few hundred files simply by their file names, this approach is not sufficient when the number of people involved and assets under management increases.
When metadata assets are added,
- these can be found more easily and much faster.
- the sustainability is increased by recycling and the output is increased.complexity is increased. The increase in metadata makes their administration and
- management more complex and demanding. Intelligent management systems benefit from this by supporting the user through an intuitive application.
medialoopster is able to manage an enormous amount of metadata, which is why we like to call medialoopster a Metadata Management System.
Faster and more profitable through artificial intelligence (AI)
In order to exploit the advantages of a media asset management system, all video assets must be indexed in detail. The MAM system literally lives from its use. Only a correct description (categorization and keywording if necessary) can prevent digital chaos. But the manual categorization and indexing of videos is very personnel and therefore cost-intensive.
Artificial intelligence (AI) services today allow the automated generation of time-related metadata for your videos. With artificial intelligence as a new "employee" this situation changes. The fact that an "intelligent MAM" automatically keywords at least a large part of the moving image material opens up access to media asset management for companies of almost any size.
The following AI services can be used for content analysis:
- Object recognition: AI automatically recognises objects such as logos, objects, texts etc. and indexes them in the database
- Voice recognition
- Face recognition
- Search for similar assets: After uploading the source material, the algorithm searches the company's own inventory for similar assets
- Search for mood or color spaces becomes possible
medialoopster has a time-related metadata system
Video assets can be provided with time-related image and action descriptions. Shots, sequences and entire films can be assigned metadata of the highest precision right from the start, which is necessary to find the exact content you are looking for within a video. If individual shots or even frames are reused, the stored metadata is taken over and transferred to future generations. The time-based megadata system manages the metadata in a closed metadata loop, no metadata is lost.